Thursday, January 17, 2008

Be Careful Out There!


Yep! It's winter in the Puget Sound. Be careful on them roads. We've been seeing a lot of unnecessary accidents caused by people being a bit too confident on surfaces that don't warrant it. Oh, and PLEASE watch out for the guys who make their living working along our roadways.

Surveying this time of the year can always be a bit more challenging but the guys are all doing a great job and staying safe. Of course, it does take longer to get to the projects when road conditions are poor and production drops. But all of this is to be expected and we just continuously look for creative ways to keep efficiencies up.

16 weeks! I am now back into full training mode for my next marathon. I'm going to try once again to Boston Qualify at the Vancouver BC marathon on May 4th. One of the percs of getting older is the qualifying time keeps getting higher. I now have to complete 26.2 miles in 3:30 minutes or 8 minutes per mile. Portland was close, 3:38, and I felt amazingly well in the final miles so it should be a doable goal. Of course, I would also like to lose an additional 10 pounds to help me reach that 3:30 goal a little easier. The good thing about running really long distances is that it hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse! :-)

Cheers to All!

1 comment:

melakaplanter said...

happy new year, my dear.