Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Time for an Update!

Checking the ol' blog, it appears that I have not posted anything since my accident, so.....

First; Six weeks and I am beginning to heal quite well. I am no longer on crutches and I have tossed the boot. Pain in my lower back is minimal and bothers me far less now. The broken fibula is healing and I am dealing with only minor pain in the region of the break. The bruising and hematoma on the left hip is almost gone, I can finally sleep on my left side!!!! The left ankle has healed pretty good and range of motion is almost back to normal. Right ankle, well that's a different story. It is beginning to feel better and swelling is not as dramatic but it does swell with use and is still quite painful. Range of motion is slowly getting better with a lot of effort on my part. I was getting on the bike trainer for a bit and I thought that it was going well but, once again, I over did it. I have had to back off for a bit but I'll start trying it again next week. I promise to take it a little easier. I still have hopes of returning to running by early in August.


















Not so good news about the big GS. Insurance has declared it a total loss. (big sigh) I spent a lot of time and energy, not to mention money, getting that bike set up exactly the way I wanted it. I am going to miss it a lot. My son has bought it from the insurance as salvage and is going to rebuild it and return her to her former glory.

Me, well I have found a replacement for the beast:



















Welcome the new Beast! This is the newly updated 2008 version of the R1200 GS Adventure. The new version comes with 105 HP, an enduro transmission with a lower first gear, On-Board Computer, ASC (automatic stability control), ESA (electronic suspension adjustment), TPM (tire pressure monitoring), and some styling changes. It will take me a little time, but I will get this bike as well sorted as the previous one. I am definitely eager to begin the break-in process and get some miles racked up.


I will get a good start on this right away since the bike is in Sacramento. I'm flying down to Sac to pick up the bike and then I'll ride to Monterey for MotoGP. Nothing more exciting than watching Casey Stoner tear up the track!




This year I happened to get really good tickets that include the flag room! Free food and booze while watching the races in air conditioned comfort. Life doesn't suck!


Work is picking up and we are busy once again which means that we should start actually making money soon! We have some really interesting work to keep the guys from getting bored and no one is going to miss any hours on the near term. It shouldn't be too much of a stretch to keep the momentum going into the fall, and hopefully, winter.


Thanks for your time!


Cheers!

No comments: