Saturday, August 22, 2009

A New Chapter

This past week has brought PGS and myself to a new chapter. One of my key employees and, more importantly, a key friend is expanding and moving on. Bob has been with my company for almost 7 years and has played a key role in many successful projects. We have relied on him when we knew that the job just had to get done. He has always been there for us which we always appreciated but sometimes forgot to make sure he knew (OK, we almost always forgot to make sure he knew).

I know that this new chapter doesn't change anything for PGS other than a few adjustments to the allocations of responsibility but for me it will be quite a different chapter. Certainly, we didn't always agree, as a matter of fact, we seldom agreed but we did compliment each other. I will miss the interaction, the self questioning of ideas brought on by someone who viewed life from a slightly different perspective. As much as we disagreed we also held very similar basic beliefs and always wanted the same end result.... to be our very best at whatever we were doing. In this chapter I will need to remember to question my ideas and beliefs without the gut checks that intelligent questioning brings. I will also need to adjust to managing a business without Bob, knowing that I still have more talent in my office than damn near any company on the west coast!

Bob has a new opportunity for growth with new challenges and I wish him nothing but the best. I have the highest regard and believe that he will be successful in his new endeavors. We will miss him and he knows that he will always be welcome in my office as a friend and colleague!

Adios Bob! Go get 'em!!!

Cheers to all!

No comments: