Thursday, November 13, 2008

Casa Edmonds Part Deux!

OK, here we go again…..

Construction continues. We went from nothing but concrete foundations and walls in my last post to actual wood walls and floors being erected.

First they add some floors:


And you can actually see a garage taking form!


This will be our new dining room.... someday.


Next, they add some walls:


Then, they add some more walls:


And then, some more walls:


And, Wow! This thing is beginning to look like a house!


The peeled log beams in this picture are going to look nice in the entry!


I doubt I'll ever get bored of this view - from my future living room:



I think I'm actually beginning to accept that this thing is really going to be built. I am also finally beginning to actually get excited about making this place my home. It has been such a long process and on so many occasions I really thought we would never be able to see the project through fruition. To see this home take shape and to be able to stand in what will soon be actual rooms really brings it all to life. About 7 more months from now I'll actually be having dinner in this room:


Until next time,

Cheers!


Ron

No comments: