Friday, September 5, 2008

Sexy? Fast? Decisions....

Hmmmm.....

I've got a decision to make.  It seems that in my quest for the perfect motorcycle I may have acquired too many motorcycles.  I am now in the process of eliminating motorcycles that may be redundant or unnecessary.  Two bikes that fall a little into the redundant category are the:

Ducati Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition -


There were only 2000 of these bikes made and only approximately 200 were shipped to the US.  This bike falls into the category of a 'Sport Classic' and is plenty fast but I mostly just think of it as sexy.  It is an aggressive bike that requires technical skill to ride properly and isn't what I would consider 'forgiving' of mistakes.  The Paul Smart has an aggressive seating position with a long reach to the bars and is uncomfortable for long rides.  But, all of this said, I have never had a bike that garnishes as much attention as the Paul Smart does.

Buell 1125R -

Fast!  Powerful!  Precise handling!  The 1125 is a sport bike pure and simple.  The Buell is an American made bike, the only American made sport bike.  This bike just begs to be ridden hard and fast.  Give the 1125 a twisty section of asphalt and I dare you to try to hold it back.  Acceleration is smooth and unbelievably fast but the 1125 is also comfortable.  The 1125 was designed to be able to ride in a very aggressive, laid out position or in a more relaxed, upright position.  It also does a good job of wind protection and creates a 'quite zone' for the rider.

So the decision I have to make is:


The 1125R which would be able to satisfy my need for speed while giving me a nice comfortable cockpit worthy of multi day rides and would make a great track day bike.

Or:

The Ducati Paul Smart which is fast enough, sexy enough, will hold it's resell value much better, and, with proper riding technique, will make a very capable track bike.

Decisions.... Decisions....

Cheers!

Cap'n Ron

No comments: