Saturday, December 20, 2008

Casa Update and Request for Opinions

Casa Update:

We are nearly dried in.

The doors and windows have been ordered, colors for the metal siding and roofing have been chosen.  We went through the house with the electrician to review lighting and outlet requirements.  We have selected all of our plumbing fixtures - what a nightmare that was!  Wood flooring has been chosen, still working on tile and carpet.  We also need to finalize a selection for kitchen cabinets, we had the appliances chosen long ago.... did you know you can spend $10K on a simple fridge?  It doesn't even have fancy controls on the outside of the door!  Completely floored me!

Of course, everything we picked out has caused us to be over budget in almost every category.  I keep blaming the builder for not allowing for quality materials but in actuality, maybe I should be blaming the builder for not allowing for my wife's good taste?  We did do OK on our wood flooring selection and, after brow beating the builder, it looks like my garage door selection is going to just fit in the budget.

The house is going to be beautiful though!



I really don't think our neighbor to the north (Snohomish County Parks) is going to be much of a problem.

Request for Opinions (I know, none of my friends have opinions!)

The garage doors is what I am soliciting opinions for.  Narrowed down to one of these 2 doors:


I think the tempered glass would look really cool but I wonder if the paneled door wouldn't be a more practical door?  What say ye?

Cheers!
Cap'n Ron

4 comments:

GVB said...

House looks AWESOME Cap'n!

I choose door A. The glass looks very cool.

Cap'n Ron said...

I agree on door A but I'm thinking of maybe keeping the bottom panels Aluminum just to break up the rich feel of all glass... maybe? !

Deck Ape said...

Hey Ronnie,
what's going on? The house looks like it is coming along. That is a beautiful view.... I like the doors with the tempered glass. Just saying.. :) Thanks for the well wishes. I hope to start running again after the holidays... Please add yourself to my blogger list...

Take care Ron....

Cap'n Ron said...

Thanks for the reply and advice on the door Mickey! I added myself to your blogger list and left a holiday wish comment for you and the family. I sure hope Cody's enjoying his Christmas, along with the rest of the young'uns. Maybe this will be the year for a cure!

I'm really appreciating my running now after having to spend probably close to 3 months without being able to. It is therapeutic so be sure and try to at least get some short runs in for yourself.

Cheers!