Saturday, December 13, 2008

Was GS Now RT

Damn.... I sure hope I didn't make a mistake.

I went from this:

To this:

Looking at the RT I already feel older..... it's a pretty bike but doesn't have the youthful energy of the GS.

Let me explain the rationale; My wife and I have found that she really enjoys accompanying me on long, multi-day, road trips on the motorcycle.  While the big GS is a beautiful bike for solo touring and not bad for 2-up travel, there is no way it can compare to the RT for eating big miles in real comfort for driver and passenger.  I mean, the RT actually has real cruise control and heated seats!  I also recently picked up the KTM 990 Adventure which gave me a huge overlap in capabilities with the big GS.

So, I guess if I need to get my 'youthful energy' feelings I'll just have to jump on this bike:

Or maybe this:


I think I'll still be able to get into trouble and not act my age.... just sayin'

Cheers!

Cap'n Ron

No comments: