Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Oh my!


I think I saw the sun today!!!!


I did, I did, I did saw the sun today!

Maybe we will get through this winter yet.  It's been a long one but, alas, the days are getting warmer and definitely getting longer.  Sun is coming up earlier and setting later each day and my nasty attitude is beginning to show signs of moderation.

Exactly 4 weeks from today I will be riding down the big concrete slab headed south on the motorcycle.  I spent the eve with GVB planning the escape.  We're thinking a blast down I-5, covering as many miles as possible in the fewest amount of hours, and getting to the warm desert sunshine as quickly as possible.



From there we'll begin to slow down and explore.  Spending time in Joshua Tree, the Mojave Desert, Death Valley, and the eastern Sierras heading north from Death Valley.  We'll determine our crossing back to the coastal deluge dependent on weather systems and temps.

Can't wait!

Cheers!

No comments: